The Borough Administrator is appointed by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the Borough Council. The basic function of the Administrator is to direct and supervise the administration of all departments, offices and agencies of the Borough, except as otherwise provided by law.
The Administrator is responsible to the Mayor and Council for carrying out all policies established by it and serves as liaison between the Mayor and Council and the Borough's departments and agencies.
The Administrator is the chief administrative official and chief of staff for the Borough and is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Supervises the preparation of and recommends annually to the Mayor and Council an operating budget, a capital budget, and a five-year capital plan.
- Receives and deals with requests for, and complaints about, Borough services that cannot be dealt with by the operating departments and agencies.
- Appoints and promotes subordinate Borough officers, except as otherwise provided by law.
- Negotiates contracts for the Borough as authorized and directed by and subject to the approval of the governing body.
- Oversees a proper purchasing system, approves all requests for goods and services to be purchased by the Borough, and approves all bills and vouchers for payment prior to final approval by the governing body.
Where in Dumont is it?
80 W. Madison Avenue, Dumont, NJ